What do I do :(

I don’t know what to do.

It’s been sometime now that my husband and I have been legally separated. Waiting for 1 year of separation to get the divorce process started.

Mental illness played a huge toll in his life, and still to this day it does, he has destroyed a lot in his life including this marriage. I have literally worn myself thin, giving someone a life I thought he’d deserved. I loved him anyways, despite mental health issues and other health issues I loved this person very much more then I think he loves himself even to this day.

Over the last few months I have grown into a completely different person, and for the best, I can actually keep care of myself. Unfortunately I’ve been struggling financially, he took the car, and it cost me thousands to be able to afford a car. Now I’m struggling even more because he left me 10,000$ in debt, and is now taking all my HST/GST and trillium payments.

I don’t know what to do,
I choose to not be in contact because he’s a complete toxic person.

I don’t have money for a lawyer, so I don’t know what options I have. Do I take it as I am, paying debts off that don’t belong to me, do I continue to allow him to take my hst/ trillium just to keep the peace? I just need some opinions, please don’t say anything rude. What would you do?



8 Responses

  1. Anonymous says:

    Typical female the only concern is monetary.

  2. Anonymous says:

    Poor, poor victims!

  3. Anonymous says:

    So when you were together you were able to “give him a life he deserved”, and he never worked or contributed, then you bought a car in your name and paid for it and he took it. Then you put all the trillium hst and whatever other government handouts people get in his name and he kept it all? Now your in debt even though you could give him this life while together? Again assuming he has and had no income.

  4. Anonymous says:

    How is he taking your hst and trillium? If your name is on them then that is fraud.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Molotov cocktail delivered at 3am

  6. Anonymous says:

    LEGAL aid is bankrupt in this province, because of the money spent on ILLEGAL immigrants in Southern Ontario.

    • Anonymous says:

      Legal Aid has had its funding cut by Doug Ford’s government. Lack of funding has absolutely nothing to do with your false claim

  7. Anonymous says:

    You need a lawyer. Call Legal Aid. Or sometimes lawyers waive initial consultation fees. You can find out your legal rights and begin the process. before the 1 year separation has concluded

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.